Tropico 4 gameplay hints
Stuck on Tropico 4? Need advice on tactics? Wondering how to pull off something tricky? You might just find your answer here.
Links to gameplay help for Tropico 4: Gold Edition
- Information on:
- Information on:
- Information on:
How do I use cheat codes in Tropico 4: Gold Edition?
There are a number of cheat codes in Tropico 4: Gold Edition.
To use a cheat, type one of the following codes during a mission to activate the corresponding cheat function:
- cheguevara - Triggers a rebel attack on a random building
- civilwar - Triggers an uprising
- dinggratz - Maximizes all workers' job skill in their current profession and makes all current students graduate instantly
- drought - Triggers a drought
- earthquake - Triggers an earthquake
- elpollodiablo - Causes you to win the game instantly
- fuego - Triggers a fire
- generalpenultimo - Triggers a military coup
- hurricane - Triggers a hurricane
- iamthestate - Allows you to enact edicts without meeting their prerequisites
- muchopesos - Adds $100,000 to your budget
- novodka - Decreases your relations with the USSR by 20
- nowhiskey - Decreases your relations with the US by 20
- oilspill - Triggers an oil tanker disaster
- pachangasi - Increases the happiness values of every Tropican by 10
- pesosgrande - Adds $1,000,000 to your budget
- speedygonzales - Allows you to construct buildings instantly
- tornadilla - Triggers multiple tornados
- tornado - Triggers a tornado
- trabajono - Unlocks all the missions in the campaign and Modern Times campaign *
- tsunami - Triggers a tsunami
- twoheadedllama - Sets your island's tourism rating to 100
- vodka - Increases your relations with the USSR by 20
- volcano - Triggers a volcanic eruption
- whiskey - Increases your relations with the US by 20
- zeitgeist - Unlocks all Modern Times buildings
*This cheat must be used while on the Journal screen before beginning a campaign mission.
NOTE: Using a cheat will prevent you from earning any more achievements until you reload a saved game from before you activated the cheat or begin a new game without activating any cheats.
What do the symbols above buildings and people mean?
Occasionally, symbols will appear above buildings and people in the game. These symbols alert you to the status of the building or person in question.
- Sun - Your avatar was/is here, making the building more productive or effective.
- Bag with a slash through it - No goods have been made yet.
- Head with a slash through it - There are no workers or tenants in this building.
- Bomb - You have scheduled this building to be destroyed.
- Wheelbarrow - There are goods here waiting to be picked up.
- Head - No alcohol is being served here.
- Lightning bolt - There is not enough power to run this building.
- Black watering can in yellow diamond - This field needs to be watered.
- Stick figure labourer in yellow diamond - This building has been destroyed and needs to be rebuilt.
- Red exclamation mark - Optional mission task.
- Blue exclamation mark - Optional faction task or optional foreign power task.
- Red flag - This person is a rebel.
- National flag - This person is a soldier.
- White flag - This person is a retreating rebel or soldier.
- White protest sign - This person is a protester.
- Red cross in white circle - This person is in need of healthcare.
- Red fork and spoon - This person is in need of food.
- Red and white target - You have ordered that this person be eliminated.
- Red cross - This person might turn against you.
- Exclamation mark - This person is planning to leave the island.
- Yellow exclamation mark - This person is discontented.
- Jail cell bars - You have ordered that this person be arrested.
- Green dollar sign - You have ordered that this person be bribed.
- Red hood - You have declared this person a heretic.
- Pistol - You have arranged for an "accident" to befall this person.
- Eye - You are tracking this citizen.
How do I use hotkeys in Tropico 4: Gold Edition?
You can assign hotkeys to enable you to perform actions, such as changing the game speed or placing a building, more quickly.
To assign a hotkey, follow these steps:
From the Main Menu, select Options.
The Options menu will appear. Select the Hotkeys tab.
A list of game actions and their currently assigned hotkeys (if any) will appear. Select the item on the list to which you would like to assign a hotkey.
Press any key to assign it to that item.
Select OK to save your new configuration and exit the Options menu.
A number of hotkeys are assigned by default. To view your current hotkey configuration at any time, select Options from the Main Menu or the in-game Pause menu and select the Hotkeys tab.
Where can I find a list of the buildings and edicts in Tropico 4: Gold Edition?
You can find a list of the buildings in Tropico 4: Gold Edition by following this link:
You can find a list of the edicts in Tropico 4: Gold Edition by following this link:
Once I have accepted an optional task, can I cancel it?
No. Once you have accepted an optional task, it will remain in the list of current tasks until you complete it.
How do I get uranium for my nuclear power plant?
In order to produce electricity, a nuclear power plant requires uranium. Uranium cannot be produced on Tropico: it must be imported.
If your nuclear power plant is not producing electricity, check that imports of uranium are allowed. To do so, select your nuclear power plant to open its info panel. If the info panel has a button called Forbid Imports, imports are currently allowed. If there is a button called Allow Imports, imports are currently forbidden. To allow imports, select Allow Imports, then select Allow Imports again from the window that appears.
Uranium is imported from the USSR. If your foreign relations with the USSR are very poor, they may impose a trade embargo on Tropico and you will be unable to import uranium. Improve your relations with the USSR and they will lift the embargo.