Can I use a PS4 controller to play my game?
All recent Feral games offer full support for the original PS4 controller. However. an updated version of the PS4 controller was released August 2016; this may not be recognized in some games that do support the original controller.
The two versions of the controller are:
The model number is printed on the underside of the controller.
If you are unable to use a CUH-ZCT2 model PS4 controller in a Feral game, or are playing an older game where the PS4 controller is not listed as a supported controller on the game’s support page, you may be able to add support for it by downloading the relevant .plist file:
Once downloaded, follow these steps:
- Find the game’s folder on your computer - this is usually in the Applications folder. If you own the Steam version of the game, you can navigate directly to the game’s folder by right clicking on the game’s title in the Steam Library, then selecting Properties → Local Files → Browse Local Files.
- Right click on the game’s application icon, then choose Show Package Contents from the dropdown menu.
- In the window that opens, open Contents → Resources → Input Devices.
- Drag the downloaded .plist file into the folder. You may be asked to authenticate this action using your username and password; please do so.
- Close the Finder window and restart the game with the controller connected.
If you have any further issues using your PS4 controller please contact Feral Support.