Tropico gameplay hints
Stuck on Tropico? Need advice on tactics? Wondering how to pull off something tricky? You might just find your answer here.
Links to gameplay help for Tropico 3: Gold Edition
Tropico 3: Gold Edition wiki at Wikia.com
- Information on:
thecrobar's Tropico 3: Gold Edition walkthrough at GameFAQs.com
- Information on:
What tactics should I use near the beginning of the game?
The first thing to do is establish a strong economy.
Make sure you have plenty of builders, teamsters and dockworkers. Raise their salaries if necessary. Because your workforce is limited to the number of citizens on the island, you may need to build an immigration office to attract workers from abroad.
Once your workforce is in place, build farms, mines or logging camps to create a healthy stream of cash.
Where should I place my farm buildings?
Crops only grow on green areas, so placing farm buildings here wastes productive land. Instead, place your buildings on red areas adjacent to the green.
What do the symbols above buildings and people mean?
Occasionally, symbols will appear above buildings and people in the game. These symbols alert you to the status of the building or person in question.
- Sun - Your avatar was/is here, making the building more productive or effective.
- Bag with a slash through it - No goods have been made yet.
- Head with a cross through it - There are no workers here.
- Bomb - You have scheduled this building to be destroyed.
- Wheelbarrow - There are goods here waiting to be picked up.
- Head - No alcohol is being served here.
- Lightning bolt - There is not enough power to run this building.
- Red flag - This person is a rebel.
- National flag - This person is a soldier.
- White flag - This person is a retreating rebel or soldier.
- White sign with symbol - This person is a protester.
- Red cross - This person might turn against you.
- Red cross in white circle - This person is in need of health care.
- Orange fork and spoon - This person is in need of food.
- Exclamation mark - This person is planning to leave the island.
- Yellow exclamation mark - This person is discontented.
- Eye - You have put this person on your watch list.
Are there any cheats in Tropico 3: Gold Edition?
Simply type the following codes during gameplay to give yourself an unfair advantage:
- trabajono - Unlock all missions
- muchopesos - Add $100,000
- elpollodiablo - Instant win
- speedygonzales - Instant build
- iamthestate - No prerequisites for edicts
- twoheadedllama - Raise tourism rating to 100
- pachangasi - Raise happiness
- dinggratz - Maximize workers experience, instant graduation
- whiskey - +20 relations with U.S.
- nowhiskey - -20 relations with U.S.
- vodka - +20 relations with USSR
- novodka - -20 relations with USSR
- cheguevara - Trigger rebel attack on building
- downwiththetyrant - Trigger rebel attack on palace
- generalpenultimo - Trigger military coup
- civilwar - Trigger uprising
- vivala0 - Trigger random Submersive activity
- vivala1 - Trigger assassination attempt
- vivala2 - Trigger hostage crisis
- vivala3 - Trigger bomb threat
- vivala4 - Trigger worker strike
- vivala5 - Trigger media occcupation