I've already played the original games. What's new in LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga?
This game is more than just the two individual games in one box. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga has been designed to make all six episodes one cohesive experience. The Original Trilogy (LEGO Star Wars II) has had the fewest modifications, due to it being the newer game. The Prequel Trilogy (LEGO Stars Wars I) has been updated to bring it in line with LEGO Star Wars II's gameplay style.
Here are all the changes:
- The game now runs the latest version of the LEGO game engine giving all the levels improved graphics and special effects.
- The Mos Eisley Cantina is now the hub for the entire game, and has been significantly redesigned to reflect this.
- A new mission has been added to the beginning of Episode II: Bounty Hunter Pursuit (which was cut from the original LSW).
- Another mission cut from the original LSW was Anakin's Flight (removed from the end of Episode I).
This mission can now be found in the Bonus (?) room, located off the main Cantina hub room.
- Episode I: Mission 4 (Mos Espa Pod Race), while still a race, is now one big cohesive area, and instead of reaching a checkpoint before the time runs out, you simply have to beat Sebulba to the end.
- Episode II: Mission 4 (Gunship Cavalry) has now become free-roaming, much like the vehicle missions in LSW2.
- All LSW missions now have a hidden Power (red) Brick, and many incorporate the newer
"building", "levers", and "vehicle" concepts from LSW2 in various spots.
Also, every LSW Episode now has a Bonus section incorporating Super Story, Character Bonus, and Minikit Bonus.
- In addition to Story and Free Play, there is now a "Challenge" mode for each mission, which has you finding blue minikit canisters in an allotted time.
- True Jedi now only needs to be reached in either Story or Free Play, no longer both.
- There is a "Powerup" pickup in missions which can be grabbed to give your character enhanced abilities for a limited time.
- There are now a total of 20 Bounty Hunter Missions.
- There are additional characters and extras to purchase.
- There is a Two Player Arcade, used to pit players against each other.
- There is a Bonus (?) room in the Cantina, here you can access six special bonus missions.
- The game has a total of 160 Gold Bricks to find.